There is no shortage of people making calls from unknown numbers or blocked caller ID. These callers can be from phone scammers, ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends, or business competitors, or legitimate businesses trying to reach you.
Others may even use blocked calls to get your attention, get under your skin, and in the worst cases – steal your money or identity!
Here is a shortlist of who might have called from the blocked or unfamiliar phone call you just received:
- A scammer trying to steal your money or identity over the phone
- An ex-partner (girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, or wife) who still wants to talk about the break-up
- A former business associate who may be dissatisfied with a deal you once made
- A prankster who is interrupting your day with fake calls designed to get a rise out of you
Regardless of the type of unwanted call you have received, there is one underlying characteristic. Unsolicited phone calls are an intrusion of your privacy, an interruption to your busy day, and a threat to your sense of security.
Why is it important to find out who called?
Unknown or fake calls are dangerous for everyone. There are two primary reasons why finding out who called is imperative.
- Unknown calls damage your relationship and trust with your smartphone. We are conflicted when unfamiliar phone numbers appear on our caller ID. Who is calling? Should I answer? What if this call is urgent? What if it is a telemarketer?
- Phone harassment is a serious matter. Many times, unknown or blocked phone calls are designed to be harmful. If you do not find out who called, you cannot stop the caller from bothering you, and your unwanted call problem will persist.
It does not take much for blocked or unfamiliar phone calls to be considered phone harassment, and many times, illegal. Telephone harassment occurs when someone intends to annoy, threaten, or scam you by:
- Making the phone continually ring
- Making obscene comments, suggestions, or requests
- Refusing to identify themselves over the phone
- Making repeated telephone calls, especially after you have requested not to be contacted again
- Attempting to steal your financial or personal information over the phone
- Pretending to be someone the caller is not
- Making a telephone call and using heavy breathing or silence with intent to intimidate
Identifying who called you from a blocked or unknown phone number is no easy job. That can be frustrating in phone harassment circumstances because there are few solutions that put an end to the unwanted phone calls.
How can you reveal the caller behind an unwanted or blocked call?
Though reverse phone lookups are a conventional approach to identify the person behind a phone number you do not recognize, these services cannot determine who called from Blocked, Private, and No Caller ID phone calls. This is because the caller’s phone number is unavailable they call from blocked caller id.
Because the caller’s phone number is hidden, there is no way to protect yourself from receiving the call without downloading a third party app like TrapCall. This service will allow you to quickly unmask the person’s phone number who placed the call(s) and equip you with the information to understand who called and hold the caller accountable for their actions.
Follow these simple steps to find out who called you from a Private, Blocked, or No Caller ID number:
- Download the TrapCall app on your Android or iPhone
- Sign up and activate the service
- When you receive a suspicious incoming call, decline the call you are receiving
- TrapCall will work its magic and unmask the anonymous call!
Related:- Signs of rodents
How To Do A Reverse Phone Number Lookup to Identify Who Called
Now that you’ve been able to successfully reveal who called by unmasking a blocked phone number with TrapCall, you can use TrapCall’s reverse phone lookup functionality to identify the person behind the blocked phone number.
Reverse phone number lookups are helpful because they are the answer to your question: “Who called me?”
TrapCall makes the impossible, possible – and it is easy to do! With TrapCall, you can look up any phone number and get more information about who called you. This puts the power in your hands to take action against the harasser or scammer behind these blocked calls.
Follow these simple steps to find out who called you using TrapCall’s reverse phone number lookup feature:
- Tap on the “Lookup” tab in the Android or iOS mobile app
- Enter any number (really, any number at all!)
- Press “Go.”
- TrapCall will provide all relevant information about the number you input instantly!
How to Do a Reverse Phone Number Lookup on Desktop
Another simple solution to doing a reverse caller lookup is to use a reverse phone lookup website such as PhoneLookUp.com. Once you’ve unmasked who called from a blocked call with TrapCall, you can just log onto the site and look up the number.